In celebration of the 25th Anniversary of SHOWSTOPPERS, the competition will take place in the beautiful Linda Chapin Theatre in the Orange County Convention Center!
NEW FOR 2010
Group Travel Insurance protection included in each package, including the ability to cancel for any reason
MIXED AND FEMALE SHOW CHOIR COMPETITION AND SHOWCASE DIVISION
Any mixed or female high school show choir or community group representing a high school may audition to perform in either the Competition or Showcase Division.
- A Participant is defined as performer, director, instrumentalist, technical crew, support staff and any person directly involved in the show choir performance. All others are classified as observers.
- All competing show choirs will be judged in open competition without regard to group size, school size, etc.
- There are no music style requirements, and copies of music are not provided to the judges.
- Six adjudicating artists will critique the following areas: General Effect, Ensemble Visual, Ensemble Music and Solo.
- Choirs participating in the Showcase Division will be critiqued but not ranked.
- Each performing group will receive six critique cassette tapes, score sheets and a participation plaque.
- Final tally sheets will be distributed following the Championship Awards Ceremony.
- The top six (6) scoring show choirs will be selected to perform in the Championship Competition on Saturday.
- Judges Merit Certificates will be awarded to individuals in recognition of outstanding performances from both the Competition and the Showcase Divisions.
- Custom designed awards will be presented to the top six (6) mixed show choirs in the Championship Competition, as well as, the top three (3) scoring groups in the Female Show Choir Competition.
- The members of the top three (3) show choirs and top three (3) female show choirs will also receive a Championship Medallion reflecting their rank: Third Place - Bronze, Second Place - Silver, First Place - Gold.
- In addition, all six (6) show choir finalists and top three (3) female show choirs are automatically accepted and invited to perform at SHOWSTOPPERS™ Show Choir Invitational 2011!
- The decisions of the Festival staff and adjudicators, in any and all matters, are final and binding upon all parties. This is an agreed upon condition of entry and participation.
SOLO COMPETITION OFFICIAL FORMAT
- Each Show Choir is invited to enter one vocal soloist. No audition tape is required.
- Each soloist will be allowed a maximum of four (4) minutes to present one song of any style.
- The soloists must utilize live accompaniment provided by a single acoustic instrument. The soloists may also choose to accompany themselves. No additional instruments will be permitted.
- Three adjudicating artists will critique and score the following: Intonation, Tone Quality, Style, Interpretation, Diction, Poise, Presentation and Staging.
- The Solo Performance Schedule will be integrated into the Show Choir Performance Schedule. Soloist performance times will be scheduled around their group's show choir performance times.
- All soloists will receive a participation certificate and three (3) cassette tapes, one (1) from each adjudicator, critiquing their performance. Soloists performing in the Championship Competition will receive an award and critique cassette tapes.
TENTATIVE EVENT SCHEDULE
Arrival (possible early arrival)
Large Prop Drop-off
Gala Opening Ceremony
Director’s Reception and Stage Walk-through
Mixed Show Choir Preliminary Competition
Finals Announcement Ceremony
Female Show Choir Competition
Mixed Show Choir Finals Competition
Championship Awards Ceremony
Hotel Check-out and Departure (possible extended stay)
Your Keynote Arts Travel Package Includes:
- Performance on a premier professional stage
- Four (4) days / three (3) at Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
- Four (4) day Park-Hopper Pass includes admission to: Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot®, Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park and Disney's Hollywood Studios®
- One Complimentary Director's package per every 40 participant and observer packages
- Group Travel Insurance protection included in each package, including the ability to cancel fo any reason
- Two (2) Counter-Service Meal Coupons per person
- Taped and written comments by nationally renowned Guest Artists
- Admission to all SHOWSTOPPERS Performances and Awards Ceremonies
- Official SHOWSTOPPERS T-shirt (Participants only)
- Director's Welcome Reception
- Custom designed awards
- Custom designed plaque for each participating ensemble
- Official SHOWSTOPPERS souvenir program
- Unlimited use of the Walt Disney World Transportation System
- Keynote Staff assistance prior to and during the Event
PREMIER CHOICE PACKAGE
Ask Keynote about a spectacular custom tour package created uniquely for your group, allowing your group to explore exciting possibilities for meals, sightseeing and additional performances within Walt Disney World and the Central Florida area!
Transportation to and from the Event is not included in the package price. Need assistance with bus or air transportation to Central Florida? Keynote is happy to handle any and all of your travel needs. Click here to get started!